As you strengthen your body through Pilates, you will perform exercises that build you a strong core, back, and pelvis. These muscles all contribute to a positive pregnancy experience, and training them will significantly reduce the likelihood of problems during and after pregnancy.
By empowering these muscles, you will be able to…
- Cope with the strains caused by weight gain by strengthening stomach muscles
- Reduce back pain as a result of stronger core
- Strengthen pelvic floor to support your body and help deliver your baby
- Improve your balance and stability
- Control your breathing and prepare you for labor
While not all positions are suitable for pregnant women, your instructor will cater to your needs and make adjustments accordingly so as to protect you from overdoing it in any exercise.